Print the most current Official PA-BRED Registration Application form after all information is entered then sign, enclose attachments and mail to PHBA. The form opens in Adobe enabling you to enter/edit all information into appropriate data fields. The form must always be printed, signed, a copy made for your records, W-9 & TJC certificate copy attached, check enclosed and mailed to PHBA. Faxes are NOT permitted.
HINT: Open form, tab into, TRIPLE-click or drag-through fields to enter data. DO NOT enter hyphens, spaces or parens into SSN/EIN or Phone fields. After printing, leave form open to edit fields for more foals and reprint.
Contact PHBA to request PA-Bred registration application package -or- PA-Bred foal registration application can now be obtained by downloading and printing the form. Accurately complete the PA-Bred Registration application with signed W-9, enclose a check for the correct fee, attach a copy of The Jockey Club foal certificate, and MAIL to PHBA. FAXES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. Fees are listed on the form.
Select Registration link below.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PA-BRED REGISTRATION
A Thoroughbred foal born in the state of Pennsylvania and registered as such with the Jockey Club is eligible for Pennsylvania-Bred registration with the PHBA if one of the following conditions is met:
- For foals of 2019, the dam of the foal resided continuously in Pennsylvania since December 1 of the year of conception through foaling; or
- The dam of the foal was purchased at a public sale after December 1 of the year of conception and brought into Pennsylvania within 14 days of the date of purchase and remained continuously through foaling. During the year of foaling, the foal or its dam spent at least ninety (90) days in the state. MUST BE A COMPLETED PUBLIC SALE – NOT AN RNA (Reserve Not Attained) or a private transaction after the public sale; or
- Breed back for mares arriving after December 1 of the year of conception and foaling in Pennsylvania: The dam of the foal was bred back to a stallion standing in Pennsylvania (which was registered with the PHBA as a Pennsylvania stallion during the breeding season of the year of foaling), and said dam of the foal resided in the state for at least sixty (60) consecutive days during the year which foaling occurred.
After December 31st of the foal’s yearling year, a registration would be considered LATE. At that time, a nonrefundable $500 registration fee paid by the individual with a CERTIFIED CHECK or MONEY ORDER, with a ten (10) day mandatory waiting period AFTER ALL FORMS, PAYMENT, AND COMPLETED REGISTRATION APPLICATION is in the PHBA Office BEFORE ENTRY into a PA race as a registered PA-Bred would be necessary.
Forms Needed for Registration:
- Foal Registration Application
- Printable W-9 October 2018 version
- 2019 Online W-9 Submission
- 2019 Membership Dues & W-9 Submission