The 2yo PA-Sired, PA-Bred Stallion Series is back in 2023 with six total races!
The new and exciting stakes series returns with two more races!
Click here for list of currently nominated horses.
The series will consist of two stakes races on each of three race days. One race each day will be open to all 2-year-olds and the other open to 2-year-old fillies.
Monday, August 21 at PARX
$100,000 WHISTLE PIG STAKES
2YO, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 5 1/2 furlongs
$100,000 MISS BLUE TYE DYE STAKES
2YO fillies, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 5 1/2 furlongs
Saturday, September 23 at PARX
$150,000 PRINCE LUCKY STAKES
2YO PA-Sired PA-Breds, 6 1/2 furlongs
$150,000 IMPLY STAKES
2YO fillies, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 6 1/2 furlongs
Wednesday, December 27 at PARX
$200,000 WAIT FOR IT STAKES
2YO PA-Sired PA-Breds, 1 mile 70 yards
$200,000 MISS BEHAVIOUR STAKES
2YO fillies, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 1 mile 70 yards
$50,000 in TRAINER BONUSES!
At the end of the 4 race series, bonuses totaling $50,000 will be awarded to the trainers of the horses with the most points:
1st – $25,000 | 2nd – $15,000 | 3rd – $10,000
Points will be awarded in each race as follows:
1st – 5 points | 2nd – 3 points | 3rd – 2 points | To Last – 1 point
- The points go with the horse.
- The trainer of the horses with the highest totals, colts/geldings or fillies, will receive the bonus.
- Ties will be distributed equally between trainers.
- The bonus will be paid to the trainer of record when the final leg of the series has been run.
Some other important info:
- The horse MUST be registered with the PHBA, conceived by a registered PA Stallion, and nominated to the series (check pabred.com to confirm)
- You will not need to nominate for individual races through the racing office. The series nomination makes horses eligible for all races.
- Nomination fee payment must be processed BEFORE day of entry
- Whistle Pig & Miss Blue Tye Dye: $150 entry and $250 starter fees
- Prince Lucky & Imply: $225 entry and $375 starter fees
- Wait For It & Miss Behaviour: $300 entry and $500 starter fees
Check back as more information is added and follow us on social media!