The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association Announces our first 2-Year-Old PA-Sired PA-Bred Stallion Series!
2022 kicks off this new, exciting stakes series for all registered PA-Sired PA-Breds!
The series will consist of two stakes races on each of two race days. One race each day will be open to all 2-year-olds and the other open to 2-year-old fillies.
Monday, August 22 at PARX
$100,000 WHISTLE PIG STAKES
2YO, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 51/2 furlongs
$100,000 MISS BLUE TYE DYE STAKES
2YO fillies, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 51/2 furlongs
Saturday, September 24 at PARX
$200,000 PRINCE LUCKY STAKES
2YO PA-Sired PA-Breds, 61/2 furlongs
$200,000 IMPLY STAKES
2YO fillies, PA-Sired PA-Breds, 61/2 furlongs
$50,000 in TRAINER BONUSES!
At the end of the 4 race series, bonuses totaling $50,000 will be awarded to the trainers of the horses with the most points:
1st – $25,000 | 2nd – $15,000 | 3rd – $10,000
Points will be awarded in each race as follows:
1st – 5 points | 2nd – 3 points | 3rd – 2 points | To Last – 1 point
- The points go with the horse.
- The trainer of the horses with the highest totals, colts/geldings or fillies, will receive the bonus.
- Ties will be distributed equally between trainers.
- The bonus will be paid to the trainer of record when the final leg of the series has been run.
Some other important info:
- The horse MUST be registered with the PHBA, and must have been conceived by a registered PA Stallion (check pabred.com to confirm)
- Early nomination deadline for August 22 races: July 11 at PARX
- Early nomination fees waived for 2022
- $100 entry and starter fees for 2022
2023 will consist of three days of 2-year-old races!
Check back often as more information is added and follow us on social media!